Saturday, June 7, 2008

Annual Credit Report

I checked my annual credit report last night, courtesy of the federal government through annualcreditreport.com I encourage everyone to check it regularly. The website allows you to access your report annually from each of the three major credit reporting agencies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. My approach is to space out my requests, so that I can view one credit report about every four months. Last night, I got my TransUnion report, after their was a problem getting my Experian report (I'm not completely sure what the problem was, but I'll try it again in a few months). Everything looked fine on the report, which was good to see. I was somewhat surprised that TransUnion includes information on the credit cards on which I'm only an authorized user. I don't believe my last report mentioned that information.

No comments: